Buying real estate is likely to be one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make. When you work with me, you’ll have a reliable and trusted real estate professional by your side every step of the way. In California, unlike other states, the purchasing process is different in terms of procedures and legal compliance, and it can be very cumbersome. All legal contracts used are state-approved and prepared by the California Association of REALTORS®.
1. OUR FIRST MEETING. Knowing as much detail about what you are looking for and why you want to buy helps guide me when I search properties for you. Once you decide that you want me to be your realtor, I will be committed to representing your best interests, and will work tirelessly to help you find the property you are looking for.
2. DETERMINING WHERE TO LIVE. Buying real estate often entails diligence, perseverance, resilience, knowledge of potential pitfalls and a committed realtor representing your best interests exclusively. I have the knowledge and experience to help guide you to the perfect community and the best property to match your goals.
3. FINDING THE PERFECT HOME. Your search can begin here on my website. Use the Quick Search function on my homepage to browse homes in the areas you like. You can set up an automatic notification that will also alert you each time there is a new listing in the area, with no obligation whatsoever. Narrow your search and then contact me so that I can make appointments for you to view each one. If those are not suitable, I can show you other options you may have missed, and we can start this process again if necessary. It doesn’t matter how long it takes. I will work with you every step of the way to find the perfect home and then negotiate the purchase at the best possible price.
4. FINANCIAL PREPARATION. You may want to start gathering relevant financial documents at this stage to make the actual purchase process faster and more streamlined when you do find the perfect property. For example, you will need to check your credit score and retain recent bank statements as well as income verification documents. You may also find the Mortgage Calculator on my website helpful. This is also a good time to get a Pre-Approval Letter, which is a necessity before we make an offer on any property. To get your Pre-Approval easily, visit my preferred provider: www.PreApprovalCenter.com
5. MAKING AN OFFER. Before we make an offer, we will want to review comparable home sales in the area, I will make an initial title search to ensure you know about any easements or encumbrances the property may have, and discuss various offer strategies. I can help you prepare an offer that the seller will accept, and because I am well-known for my integrity and have a history of seamless transactions within the communities I represent, other agents look forward to working with me.
6. THE PURCHASING PROCESS. Once the purchase contract has been accepted and signed by both seller and buyer, it is time to enter the escrow process. This process must be completed within the time designated in the contract.
7. CHOOSING AN ESCROW COMPANY. If the seller designates a preferred escrow company and it is acceptable to you, it makes this process easier. The escrow company is a neutral third party that assures all terms and legal compliance issues are met before any funds or property change hands. If you want to designate the escrow company, I highly recommend Landmark Escrow Inc. at www.landmarkescrow.com as they are extremely efficient.
8. SECURE A MORTGAGE. If you are not paying the full purchase price in cash, you will need to secure a mortgage. My preferred mortgage provider is Mark Gurich at www.LowerMortgage.net. Mark is very congenial, easy to work with and will ensure you get the best interest rate available.
9. CHOOSE A TITLE COMPANY. This company researches the property’s title, looking into the complete recorded history to insure the title is free and clear of encumbrances by the closing date. This company also ensures the new title is issued correctly, all documents are properly recorded, issues the title policy, and prepares for conducting the closing with the receipt and disbursement of funds. If you are looking for a great recommendation, I would choose Equity Title Company at www.equitytitle.com.
10. PROPERTY INSPECTIONS. When your offer is accepted, you will also want to have professional inspectors evaluate your new home’s major systems to ensure everything is in working order. I can assist you in finding a reputable and qualified home inspector. Then depending upon the property, we may decide there is a need for additional inspectors, for example, for termites, pool/spa, septic, arborist or mold. I can recommend home protection plans for you if you are concerned about any of your older home systems or appliances creating repair costs in the near future.
11. CLOSING. We’re almost there! A few days before you receive the keys to the property, we’ll do one last inspection to make sure everything is in order. When your transaction is nearly completed, the title company will provide you with a closing statement that details all of the financial details of your home purchase. I will go over this with you to ensure its accuracy. At the last step in the buying process, the title company will have you sign the final documents, including loan documents and I can help walk you through this process as well.
12. CONGRATULATIONS! You now will be the proud owner of a new home or property!
Rest assured, I will be guiding and assisting you with a hands-on approach through all of these stages so the process will not feel as daunting as it first seems.